Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Unpacking Boxes

     I recently moved back to Georgia from Tennessee. I moved back in August, and moved into my house in November. Although I have been in my house for months I have boxes left to unpack. It is usually only in desperation that I go to unpack a box. One time early on it was for silver ware! More recently it has been for my blender. It is like a treasure hunt and Christmas all in one. I never know what I will find. There are things I purposely look for and there are things that I happen upon that I have forgotten.
      I feel like I am unpacking boxes in my spiritual life as well. There are things that I feel I desperately need right away, like Faith and Perserverence. Then there are things that I would rather let sit in the garage of life (so to speak). Boxes marked with things like: Things I don't want to admit about myself or Past hurts and losses or my favortite: unfulfilled dreams. At some point, I will have to open these boxes to make room for others. More boxes are made each day with each experience and lesson God teaches me, and with each new person I meet. God has a place and a purpose for the contents of each of these boxes. Some things he wants me to keep, and some He wants me to give away....to lay at His feet. It is only when I have the courage to open the boxes of my heart WITH God, that things get set in order. It is my prayer that I will have the courage to open the boxes back in the back of the garage. The ones that are under other boxes, way in back and hidden from view, hiding in the dark.

1 comment:

  1. We moved in over twenty years ago, and STILL have unpacked boxes! LOL!
    Pretty safe to say that THOSE boxes are non-essential! Good luck with ALL your boxes!

    ReplyDelete