Monday, March 14, 2011

Where are you?

      My dog Ruby has separation anxiety. If I leave the room for a few minutes to go to the bathroom she starts to whimper, which turns into a howl the longer I am gone. She also has a bad habit of lunging at the T.V. when animals appear on the screen. This behavior led me to putting her on a leash and attaching it to the end table, hence her inability to find me when I leave the room. This solution has worked pretty well so far. It sounds a little harsh, but when there are scratches on your new 56in plasma screen, no amount of Ceasar Milan advice will do.
      No matter how many times I come back and no matter how loyal I have been to her, she fears I will never return. Recently, (tonight actually) it occurred to me that I am the same way in my relationship with God. As soon as I don't perceive his presence or hear Him speak to me (either through people or circumstances) I panic and think He may not come back or He doesn't hear my prayers. How foolish! Even after His faithfulness to me time and time again, I think: maybe He won't answer this time. As I chided Ruby for doubting my love and faithfulness to her, I reminded myself of God's love and faithfulness to me! Praise God for how he teaches us in the seemingly mundane and ordinary things of life. Praise God for Ruby!
  

5 comments:

  1. Wow! You are right Kelly! God is so good and so faithful to us that I can't believe I ever doubt him. I love how he uses different people or things to teach us and in your case Ruby!Praise God for you and Praise God for Ruby! Oh how He loves us! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, Kelly! I've put a bookbark (oops! that was TOTALLY a mistake, but appropriate, so I'm leaving it for you to see! LOL!)--I mean bookMark on my toolbar!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay!! Thanks Jamie. It means a lot coming from an experienced blogger and writer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great blog, Kelly. Do you plan to post daily?

    ReplyDelete